The Nikon D850 wins the Camera GP 2018 “Readers Award” and “Editors Award”
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 21st May 2018: Nikon today announces that the Nikon D850 digital SLR camera has received the Camera GP (Grand Prix) 2018 “Readers Award” and “Editors Award.”
The D850 was announced the winner of the “Readers Award” after it was selected by consumers via an online vote (voting period: 23rd March to 12th April 2018). Additionally, the D850 was selected by the Camera Journal Press Club members as a winner of the “Editors Award,” based on its popularity, topicality, and innovation.
Sponsored by the Camera Journal Press Club (CJPC/Japan), the Camera GP 2018 awards were presented to selected products, primarily cameras and lenses, released between 1st April 2017 and 31st March 2018.
The D850 has won numerous imaging and design-related awards across the globe since its release in September 2017. Among them are the Best DSLR Professional award at the TIPA World Awards 2018, and an iF Product Design Award 2018.
D850 Primary Features
• Equipped with backside-illumination Nikon FX-format CMOS sensor, delivering superb 45-megapixel images at ISO 64-25600 (expandable to ISO 32-102400 equivalent)
• High-speed continuous shooting at approximately 7 fps*¹ (the rate increases to approximately 9 fps*¹,*² when the MB-D18 Multi-Power Battery Pack is used)
• Silent photography eliminates the sound of shutter release and mechanical vibrations with capture of 45-MP images
• Supports recording of full-frame, FX-based movie format 4K UHD (3840×2160) movies
• Interval-timer shooting supports the creation of 8K time-lapse videos*³
Comments from the Committee: Reasons behind the D850’s selection
The D850 is an almost perfect digital SLR camera that utilises an optical viewfinder. Equipped with a quick-return mirror, it is an outstanding camera that will leave its mark on history. Despite its incredibly high 45.7 megapixel count, it supports top level high-speed and high-sensitivity performance. In addition to fast and accurate focusing achieved with the same AF system built into the flagship model, the camera is capable of high-speed continuous shooting at approximately 7 fps with the body alone, and up to approximately 9 fps when the MB-D18 Multi-Power Battery Pack is used with an EN-EL18b or EN-EL18a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery. It offers superior image quality from low to high sensitivities, and its auto white balance is very accurate.
The D850 is outstanding across the board — it offers excellent all-round balance and demonstrates high versatility for all types of photography, including press, sports, portraits, railway, and landscapes. Another attractive feature is the smooth and intuitive operational feel enabled by its fine craftsmanship. The D850's functions and flexibility as an SLR have been polished to maximise the advantages of this type of camera. With the D850, Nikon has created the SLR of photo enthusiasts’ dreams.
*¹ With continuous-servo AF, manual or shutter-priority auto exposure, a shutter speed of 1/250 s or faster, and other settings at default values.
*² When an EN-EL18b/EN-EL18a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (available separately) is used. Optional BL-5 Battery Chamber Cover is required for use of the EN-EL18b/EN-EL18a.
*³ Requires third-party software for creation.
For more information about Nikon’s award winning products please visit www.europe-nikon.com
- NIKON ERWEITERT DIE NIKKOR-Z-REIHE MIT VIELSEITIGEM DX-ZOOM-OBJEKTIV
- Nikon stellt zwei neue MONARCH-Ferngläser vor, die die Schönheit der Natur sichtbar machen
- NIKKOR Z 40 mm 1:2 – das neue kompakte und leichte Festbrennweiten-Objektiv für das Nikon Z-System
- NIKON WIRD BEI DEN EISA AWARDS 2021 – 2022 VIERMAL AUSGEZEICHNET
- NIKON STELLT DREI NEUE LASER-ENTFERNUNGSMESSER VOR – FÜR EIN NOCH ERFOLGREICHERES GOLFSPIEL
- Nikon School – Neues Video-Tutorial „Einführung in die Fotografie mit dem Nikon-Z-System“
- NIKON ENTWICKELT NEUES ALLROUND-ZOOMOBJEKTIV DER Z-SERIE
- NIKON STELLT DIE SPIEGELLOSE KAMERA NIKON Z fc VOR
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear und ARUP ernennen Juroren für den Wettbewerb »Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021«
- Nikon stellt NX FIELD vor – ein neues Aufnahme-Fernsteuerungssystem für Profis